Hello Goddesses
It's winter and that means, no laying out in that hot summer sun and no sun kissed tans.
So how do you keep yourself from not looking like a sparkling Vampire from Twilight ? Do you go to a tanning salon and "fake and bake" or do you use a self tanner? I use a self tanner and let me ensure you I love it!!
Reasons not to Tan
*Can lead to Skin Cancer (And Cancer in your eyes!)
*Can cause Blotchy Skin Disorders
*Aging of your gorgeous skin
O yes and get this, you chances of getting melanoma increases to 75% when you use tanning beds before the age of 35.
Now don't get me wrong I've had my share of indoor tanning beds, and my skin reflects the years of tanning it has gone through... and I'm only 22!
So it's time for the transformation... it's time for you to consider Self Tanners.
I promise these won't lead you into looking like an oompa loompa. If you use them the correct way!!
![]() |
| This Young Lady Obviously didn't follow instructions, or used a Self Tanner/Spray Tan that was way to dark for her complexion ! |
Let me share with you my Two Favorite Self Tanners.
Ulta Self Tanning Gel. I get Medium Dark. The picture above is my recent purchase, Ulta had a Buy one Get one sale so I couldn't pass this up! Retail Price per gel, 8.00. (this will make you feel a little greasy but is perfect for starters, as its a gel!)
And my other choice is Quick Tan Instant Self-Tanning. I buy this one in Medium-Dark. You can Purchase this at Sally's Beauty Shop for 20 or try Amazon, I have a friend who recently bought 3 for 30 on there!!
And the last one, Banana Boat Summer Color. I use the Deep Dark Color. You can pick this up at any drug store/superstore and Ulta. depending on where your buying this at, the price ranges from 8-9 dollars.
Helpful tips
*Try using either latex gloves or a tanning mitt to refrain your palms from turning orange.
*Unless your flexible, have your Hubby on hand to help him apply these to your back.
*If your using the spray, try spraying yourself in a dry bath tub. The spray gets everywhere and you don't objects getting that golden tan.
*Also while using the spray, use a Barrier Lotion! on the bottoms of your feet, in between your toes and on your toenails. repeat those steps on your hands as well.
*If you have fair skin, try using these products a couple of days to achieve the tan you want. Once you got that "tan" you will probably get away with only replying once a week or longer. (I am darker complected and i sometimes can even go three weeks before reapplying)
*Try applying these tanners before bed. Thus allowing it time to soak in and giving you a chance to shower the extra bit off before you start your day. You'll notice when your in the shower there will be a little orange tint in the water by your tootsie toes.
Hopefully this post inspires you to at least try a Self Tanner once.




Banana boat self tanner I love, its the only one that truly doesnt have the self tan "stink"
ReplyDeleteYes, it really is. It smells very tropical and I love the shade it gives your skin.
ReplyDelete