Labels

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Go 4 days without washing your hair.. NO joke!!

So we all know, that washing your hair frequently really isn't good for it!! All hair types are different, so if you have oily hair this post may not be for you (however, you can learn how to wash your hair properly!!)
 
I use to be a routine hair washer, i believed that washing my hair everyday was best. Well I was so wrong. My hair started become dry and the ends started splitting. Washing my hair started to cause more damage then I thought it would.
 
After lots of trial and errors, I found a hair routine that would have me washing my hair less and leaving my tresses healthy and full of volume.
 
Remember all hair types are different. I have medium-thick hair and it's non oily, but not dry. (if that makes any sense!) First things first, you need to know how to wash your hair properly... I know what your thinking right, "Um washing hair is pretty self explanatory!" but I am sure there may be some steps you may not use.


 
 
 
  1. Pick a good shampoo that works well with your hair type. I use organix (my favorite, Acai Berry Avocado) I also use Redkin All Soft.
  2. It's really important to use lukewarm water during wash, using hot will dry your scalp.
  3. Before jumping into the shower brush out all tangles. Not only will this help make washing go easier, this was cause less hairs in the drain and create stimulation to the scalp.
  4. Most shampoos recommend rinse and repeat. Use a quarter size amount of shampoo each time. The first wash will get rid of the oils, the second shampooing will treat the hair. Remember a quarter size!! We don't want to waste our shampoo. :)
  5. Really get into roots, using a circular rotation massage thoroughly. Work your way to the ends of hair. You will know your hair is ready to be conditioned once it reaches a full lather.
  6. After rinsing your hair, continue the massaging process. This will really heighten the affects of the shampooing process. 
  7. Time to condition! Use an equally amount of conditioner as you used with the shampoo.  Never apply conditioner to your roots, this was cause your hair to look dull and make your hair greasier faster. What I do it turn my head sideways and the hair that falls, is the only bit I condition. Really work it through your ends, where your hair needs it the most.
  8. Allow time to for your conditioner to "soak in" during this process, I normally just wash my body.
  9. Once ready to rinse try using as cold of water as your can stand. I will rinse my body in the lukewarm water, then get the water as cold as possible and just stick my hair under. This will close your pores back up, which is very important!!
  10. When getting the access water out, squeeze the water out or wrap it "turban style" over your head. Your hair is at its most delicate stage after washing, so rubbing or tugging your hair can damage your lovely locks.
  11. And your done!!
 
 
Now that we have the proper hair washing out of the way it's time to continue on our journey... the washing process is the key to going longer  in between shampooing! (honeslty the proper shampoo is the main trick!!)
 
After washing I add Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil Replenishing Treatment to my ends (while my hair is still damp) I love this product because, when my hair dries it leaves it looking shiny and healthy. If this product seems too much to you I'm sure any type of Argan oil will work, just make sure to check reviews before you purchase it.
 
Make sure your not constantly running your fingers through your hair, or playing with your hair allot. The oils and gunk on your hands will get into your hair!
 
In between washes, I use a dry shampoo. My favorite you ask?? Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo. Just spray it into your roots and with clean (dry) hands work it in a bit.
 
Another trick is to use baby powder if you don't want to spend the money on dry shampoo.
 
Your hair should be good as gold for 4 days, and it shouldn't smell either!! However by time the fourth day gets here I normally throw my hair into a pony tail, only because after the first 3 days of styling and hair spraying my hair is looking a bit rough lol!
 
 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment